Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Power Of A Smile

A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight.

- V. Borge

Isnt that a great quote? I thought so :) Today as I was making my way through the halls at work, thinking about how craptastic I felt, and how I wish I was somewhere else I passed a woman. She smiled at me, and said hi. I smiled back. Than as I rounded the corner I passed a guy, and he smiled to. I smiled bigger at him. Most of the time walking through the halls at work you rarely get a look let alone a smile! Something about those smiles just put me in a better mood.

It is so true that a smile can really change a persons day. Its such a small act that makes the world of difference. As I contemplated this as I walked backup to my department, I decided that this month I will focus on doing that small act of kindness - smiling. When I start to get grumpy over something so silly (like oversleeping), I will smile. Great way to start the day, with a positive face! Or when that guy cuts me off on the freeway, Ill just keep smiling. People on the road will love the less road rage from me :p It will be interesting to see the results it brings to me. When Im in public or at work, and passing people I will also give everyone (well Ill try everyone) a nice friendly smile. Maybe Ill help make one persons day a little bit brighter. Just like those two people did to me today :)

1 comment:

Sabs said...

That is a great idea! I will join you!