Monday, December 1, 2008

Procrastinator at its best

I swear I should get the crown for biggest procrastinator. Seriously. I had 4 days off this weekend, filled with absolutely nothing. I had a to do list that was a mile long that I had good intentions of working on. So with all my free time I should have gotten a majority of the list completed, right? What is that you ask, was it? Nope. lol Procrastination has always been one of my biggest downfalls. I blame it on the internet. :p One of the big items on my list was preparing for my lia sophia open house party. I had all these ideas I wanted to plan for the party but didnt exactly follow through with any them. Oops. (Its all good though because they would of worked better on a large crowd.)

So Ive been going back and forth with this open house I have planned for tomorrow. Ive had very low response on the guest list, but than again people dont RSVP these days, so you never really know. I went back and forth for the last two days on if I should cancel it or not. There was suppose to be bad weather, so I thought yeah maybe I should. Than the weather passed. Than I had 3 yes RSVP's and thought how lame would my party be? So I thought Id cancel it. But than I thought, what the heck. I love sharing this jewelry. So what if only 3 people are at the party..sometimes the smaller the crowd the more fun you have! And I have great specials to offer during this hard economic time. So today at 5pm I decided that the party will go on. After I sort of mentioned that it may be canceled. Indecisive much? lol Im driving Jen crazy with my indecisiveness (the party is at her house). So I ran around tonight picking up appetizers, and wouldnt you know most places didnt have much. Go figure. I picked up a couple deserts, chips/salsa, and beer. Jen has a few snacks and the wine. Sounds like a party to me! And than when I got home I noticed two more people RSVP'd - see things are starting to come together :)

Lesson learned? Thats a funny question I ask everytime I find myself in this position. The common answer? Probably not. I work better under pressure anyways :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Welcome to HYC! I'm glad you found us. Its really a great feeling knowing you are part of a community.

Congrats on getting back to school by the way. I'm just finishing up my first semester back after a 3 or 4 year break. Good Luck :)

Felicia said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

Have a wonderful week!
*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the HYC Challenge! This is my second year back to college after a 14 year break to get married and have kids. Just get your foot in the door and figure it out as you go. I change my major this past summer because my classes in the other major was rougher than they should be. Any bachelor's degree will open doors. If you look in the job searches you will find that most people won't look at you if you don't have a bachelors. Good Luck!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Welcome to HYC! And congrats on the decision to go back to school!