Monday, December 8, 2008

I Need More Consistency - A Healthy You Check In

So I had a rough first week. I dont know what my deal is. Do I not care enough? Do I not want it enough? Do I not think Im good enough? I wish I had the answers to those questions.

Ive been in such a funk lately. All I want to do is lounge around the house, and than I make up all these excuses to justify why Im so lazy. I know what I need to do, but I dont do it. I keep eating like crap, drinking like crap, feeling like crap...what do I need to do to want to make a change?

I only made it out for one run this past week, mostly due to the snow and dropping temps. This year Im such a baby about running outside. Seriously. I ran through the entire winter last year. I do think we had a much more mild winter last year. And it really didnt get as cold as it is now until January and only lasted a few weeks. The desire to run in the cold is just not there this year. I dont have a gym membership right now, due to financial reasons. But I did see that they are opening a LA Fitness a few miles away. I want to check it out and see if they have any good deals going on. Ive heard that its a little expensive...but its a month to month contract which is always a plus to me :) I also got something in the mail from Bally's trying to recruit old members. $99 for a year! Cant be that. I wonder what the catches are though. Either way, I need to budget in a gym membership because Im just not the type that will workout at home as often as I should!

One thing I have learned through my yo-yo dieting experience is that consistency is the key. I need to be more consistent. Even if I start off with something small like being active 15 minutes a day, a few times a week. Or maybe focus on consistency by having 2 out of 3 healthy meals a day. Small consistent goals.

I guess Im having a hard time with the grief and depression. Im really letting it consume me in a unhealthy way. I need to find a balance. Allowing a period for the sadness, and than move forward. Instead Im letting it consume me whole, which is leading to very unhealthy habits. So one goal for this upcoming week....I will blog about my sad feelings, and when I hit submit the grief period is over. I will than follow up with an healthy activity that make me happy. I also think Ill stick to the 2 out of 3 good meals a day. Im open to any suggestions to!

I will have a better week 2 :)

4 comments:

Happy March said...

Sorry you've had such a crappy week. I think that the biggest obstacle of doing the HYC is to just wrap your mind around the idea that you deserve to be happy and healthy, but that it's hard work and that you're the only one who can do it. Good luck and don't give up!

Martha said...

Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog. I don't like the cold either, have you tried some exercise DVDs? I hope you have a better week:-)

Brightcetera said...

I think sometimes the reason we don't start off small is that we feel that it isn't "good enough" & put pressure on ourselves to start at point C instead of point A.
I think I've done this, for sure.
So how about you have 1 super healthy meal today & go outside for a walk for 15 minutes, slap a big smile on your pretty face & say, There, I did it!!!

* said...

I can get caught in the depression/grief cycle but do think if exercise gets in there (even if forced at first) it helps to take the grip off. On the hard days starting off with thinking ok just stretches or some yoga poses can sometimes change the motivation for me. Hope this week is a better one. Your plan sounds like a good one.