Saturday, December 13, 2008

White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake

So tonight Im going to the Pink Ladies 1st annual Christmas Party :) Im looking forward to it! I volunteered to bring a desert. White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake. Grant and I made this last year and it went over really well, and was so yummie. So last night I attempted to make the cheesecake. What exactly was I thinking? LOL You should of seen the kitchen when I was done. Im so baking/cooking challenged!

What You Need:

1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
4 squares BAKER'S White Chocolate, melted
4 eggs
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
16 miniature candy canes

Make It

HEAT oven to 325°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan. Mix graham crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 min.

BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and extract in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve. Top each piece with a dollop of COOL WHIP and candy cane just before serving.

So what the cheesecake should look like is posted above. Mine didnt look so great, but Im sure it will taste just as great. At least the batter did. :p When I took it out of the oven I noticed that it looked a little burnt....not sure if it was the cheesecake that was burnt or the grahm cracker layer on the bottom....I was pretty bummed. Its not the prettiest cheesecake, but its the thought that counts right?


Of course that is without the cool whip and candy canes, which is topped once its cut. I hope it tastes good. lol I seem to have come down with a really bad sore throat, and am feeling a bit under the weather. Which kind of sucks. Im letting it get me down though :)

Now time to go find my white elephant gift exchange item.....


1 comment:

K @ Running Through Life said...

Wow that sounds good and I am not even a cheesecake fan!