Sunday, December 7, 2008

Adopt A Family - One Way To Give Back This Holiday Season

The Pink Ladies adopted a family this Christmas Season. The family was a single mother of four children. 3 boys (ages 12, 10, 9) and a 2 year old girl. We were able to provide 6 gifts for each child. There were so many presents :)

So today we went to deliver the gifts to the family. There were 9 Pink Ladies that made the trip out. As we got to the townhouse, and we all carried in the gifts, the children's faces lit up like a Christmas tree. Seeing their faces really just made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. They were so excited, which made me excited!

Ive always wanted to get involved in helping a family, but shamefully never looked into it. Or never thought we would be able to help out an entire family. (Now I realize I could help out single kids through different programs, and it doesnt have to be an entire family). While money is still strapped this holiday season, participating as a group was the perfect way to give back. Being able to help out a family with the Pink Ladies was such an amazing feeling. I'm so glad Wendi organized this for us. It was such a great feeling to know even though this family may be having hard times, they can still experience joy on Christmas morning.

The family gave us a thank you card, and all thanked us again. I hope the kids enjoy their gifts, and the mother stress will be eased for Christmas day. I can only imagine how it must feel to not be able to give your children the Christmas you would want them to have. Im so glad that we could help this family out. This is something I defintely will be doing every year. :)

Tonight as I watched Grant wrap a gift he bought for a child that his work is helping out, I got that warm and fuzzy feeling all over again. It brings an overwhelming joy to know that we can help out where we can. Pay it forward, a motto everyone should live by..dont you think? Tis the season!

No comments: