Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HYC Check In - Building Blocks

This week was definitely a better week than last. Of course I still have room for improvement, but as long as Im improving each week than I am a happy girl.

I took the advice of my great support system of Healthy You participants, and focused on point A, instead of point C, mini goals. So I went back to the basics on working out. I dusted off my good old work out DVDs. I forgot how great those DVD's can be. And how sore it made me! Ive been working on a 45 minute workout, and I have gotten through 30 minutes of it. So this week Id like to complete the entire 45 minute workout. As far as eating, I focused on portion size, not taking seconds, and eating one healthy meal a day. I had to catch myself a few times, but amazing what sitting for 15 minutes can do...realizing, hey I dont need that second helping.

I had a Christmas party I went to, and I succeed at one plate there, but did indulge a bit on mini portions of a few deserts. Not a success but its all a learning process. Each situation helps aid in how to handle it next time. Its just making sure I implement that, and telling my inner demon that I deserve to be healthy!

So as I stepped on the scale today, I lost 2 pounds! WOOHOO! That feels like such a small victory to me since this week I was faced with the anniversary of my dads passing. This time of the month, every month since my dad has passed, has been such a hard, hard time. And usually I turn to eating.

So this week I started laying the blocks down. And each week Ill keep building blocks. Sometimes a few blocks might fall down (probably a little more than Id like!), but I wont let it get me down. Ill just rebuild them, and build on top of them :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Congrats on the 2lb loss and I think the mini goals are a great idea.

P.S. Your furbabies are so adorable!

Sunny Days said...

Congratulations on your loss! You are doing great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment....I love to hear from people. I kicked the bad habits and you can too! I still have things once in awhile but not too much like I used to. Keep up the good work and stop by my blog anytime! :)

Lainie said...

Congrats on that big loss!

What exercise DVDs have you been doing?

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comments :)

Ive been doing a Cindy Crawford DVD. Its a guilty pleasure. And Jillian Michaels one. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum!