Sunday, November 23, 2008

Newton Faulkner


Yep, I got to meet Newton Faulkner. And how did I react you ask? Like I normally do when I meet someone famous. A little star struck. Didnt say the things I wished I had. And if it wasnt for Danita, I probably wouldnt of even asked for this picture. lol

So Danita and I left work around 3:15, and with a little bit of a challenge finally found Dinos where the event was being held at. When we got there there was a handful of people...I really thought there would be more. The first 50 people got a sampler cd, poster, and entered to win Pistons tickets. Sweet. We werent so lucky to win the tickets though. There was a table left that was right next to the set up, so we took seats there and waited patiently. They served free appetizers. Free show, Free Food...what more can you ask for?

Newton showed around 4:30, and did 4 songs. Gone In The Morning, Dream Catch Me, To The Light, and I need Something. He shared some stories in between songs, worked through an string breaking on his guitar, and got the crowd participation going in Gone In The Morning. It was pretty awesome. He has such an amazing voice, and is so talented. I could listen to him all day long. You dont find to many people these days that are that great acoustically. I have to admit it was a tease. It made me want to see an entire show! When he sang, Dream Catch Me, as one of the songs. It made me a little emotional. I really wish Grant was there. It took me back to the night he proposed. Im so excited to get married to the man of my dreams. Im thinking we should find an instrumental version of Dream Catch Me to walk down the isle to :)

As he was packing up his guitar, one girl asked for his autograph. So I tried to bump in there, and ask for one to. Than his manager announced to everyone that he could not sign autographs and they had to go. Sound check was waiting for them since he had a show that night. As he was signing the girls autograph I told him how Grant proposed to me at his show in April during Dream Catch Me. And than Danita chimes in, yeah Im his stand in today. lol He stopped signing, looked up at me, and than said wow thank you. And did this bowing head folded hand thing towards me. So I stood there for a minute thinking of what to say, I had so many things in my head, and than was interrupted by some girl. A more aggressive girl than me. I thought dang it, I had a chance to talk to him. So Danita took my camera and I said, can I get a picture with you? He said definitely. I thanked him, than turned shy again. What is my problem? Hes just like me and you. LOL Im so silly sometimes.

But its a pretty great picture, dont you think? I was beyond geeked. Especially that the picture turned out good..Im known to not be very photogenic! Than we thought he was heading near the bathrooms so we went over there, but he didnt come that way. So as we made our way back to our table, he was trying to make his rounds. You could tell me was trying to appreciate his fans, but his manager was pulling him away. He was so down to earth, talking to everyone, giving out hugs, taking pictures. Which makes me love him as an artist even more!

Its just so cool to be up close and personal to artists you admire like that. Even if it was just a half hour, Im so glad I got that!

Coldplay and Newton in the same month. Awesome. With some of the not so happy things going on in my life, there also is a silver lining of happiness to :)

No comments: