Monday, November 24, 2008

Bad, Bad Habit

I have a bad habit...I would even classify it as an addiction. It is to Pepsi. Seriously. I thought I was just drinking one here and there, but I find myself drinking it daily. Every Monday I say, nope this week no more Pepsi! But than I start to have a caffeine withdrawal headache and I open another one. Its getting ridiculous. The sugar, the calories, the contents..oh my!

Ive been battling health issues with my thyroid disease lately, and have ran out of meds. I go to see a new endocrinologist in a month. I know when I stop taking the meds I start to get really bad headaches. And sometimes caffeine helps sooth the pain. Than again all that may just be in my head. Which Im sure it is.

So Im battling a cold right now, a sinus infection. So if I try to kick the habit now, I already have a sinus headache so maybe I wont notice as much? LOL

So while I feel like my healthy lifestyle is spinning out of control, in reality I really am in control. I control what goes in my mouth. I make my own choices. So I will ween my way off of pop this week. I will cut down to a pop every other day if I need it, and only one12 ounceer. Water, water, water. I dont have a problem drinking water. I like it. I think I get bored with water all the time. So if need be Ill throw in a glass of milk, or a juice.

I remember watching a myth busters episode about drinking coke with mentos. And when the coke went down, how big the stomach bloated. I thought damn, that is what Im doing to myself. I think that would be enough to stay away from pop. lol Those things dont phase me I guess. Just like watching Supersize me didnt stop me from eating McDonalds.

The moral of the story, we all have an opportunity in every situation. A blog I follow, The Journey to 70.3, made a great post about this, you can read it here. So maybe her intention was a little more deep than a pop addiction, but its still the same point :) So I will take this opportunity to improve my health. Especially since this is something I CAN control. A soda should be a treat every once in a blue moon. Oooo now blue moon, theres a tasty drink. hehe

So tomorrow starts Day 1 to cutting this bad habit. Opportunity people. Opportunity :)

No comments: