Sunday, November 16, 2008

Intimate Setting with Newton - Count Me In!

Grant found something happening this week in Metro Detroit that makes me want to go, EEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newton Faulkner is coming in concert with Ingrid Michaelson on Thursday. We had plans of trying to make this concert, but Im such a procrastinator that when I went to buy tickets it was sold out. Ive been religiously checking the Internet to see if I could find tickets for sale and have had no luck. :( I even posted a begging plea on craigslist but that didnt work either. So so sad. Grant has clients in from Japan this week at work, so it may have worked out for the best. This is the second time Ive missed Ingrid, so Im a little bummed. And Newton has a very special place in my heart, since that is the concert that Grant proposed to me at.

So Grant sent me a link, and said unfortunately I wont be able to make it due to the clients in from Japan. But maybe you can make this. On Thursday Newton will be doing a intimate mini concert at 4pm! Heres the details:

Join 939 The River on Thursday November 20th at 4pm for another River Session. Newton Faulkner will be at Dino's in Northville to play his songs in an intimate setting This is your chance to catch one of the UK's top singer/songwriters up close and personal. Dino's is at 133 West Main in Northville. Plus the first 50 River listeners will score a Newton Faulkner collectible tour CD featuring rare acoustic tracks. Once again, The River is giving our listeners a chance to be treated to the voice and guitar of Newton Faulkner. The River Session happens Thursday November 20th at 4pm. Capacity is limited, so get there early to get a seat for this exciting River Session with Newton Faulkner.

Um yeah, Im so there. I may have to go alone, but I am so there. I love Newton! His sound and songs are phenomenal! And to see him up close and personal is going to be awesome. At his concert this past April it was a intimate setting and I loved it. I was surprised by the low turnout at his concert...so maybe Ill be lucky to actually get a seat at this? Im thinking if I leave work at 3 maybe I can. Im not sure if I can find a coworker to go with me that early, so Im okay going by myself. Im so geeked! Maybe I can get a picture with him to :)

No comments: