Saturday, November 29, 2008

Healthy You Challenge

So as I was going through my daily ritual of catching up on blogs I follow, and I fell upon a blog, scalejunkie.com. The post she wrote that day had a poem that had me cracking up, and loving it at the same time. (Ill post the poem soon) I noticed a link on her blog to this Healthy You Challenge she started. So I read up on this challenge, and the FAQ, and thought...this is EXACTLY what Im looking for!

I was blogging with a weight loss community similar to this, but it really has faded out over the last few months. I could use some accountability, and support really bad right now.

The Healthy You Challenge is an ongoing challenge from January 1st 2008 - December 31st 2008. Anyone can join at anytime. This challenge is all about making a healthier you. So you make the goals you want to achieve. Everyone has different goals, and this community is there to support you along the way. Heres a tidbit on what its all about...

What is encouraged and celebrated:
  • Pounds lost
  • Exercise - according to your limitations and doctors recommendations
  • Stay on YOUR healthy eating plan
  • Non Scale Victories
  • Goal setting
  • Rewarding yourself
  • Challenging yourself
  • Supporting other bloggers with similar goals, even if they aren't a part of the challenge
  • Asking for help when you feel discouraged
So there is a check in post every Tuesday. You just blog about how your week went. What ups and downs you had on the journey to a healthier you. Than link that post on the Healthy You blog, and go support others that have posted their links to. Sounds pretty awesome eh? I thought so :)

So on Thursday (Ironically on Thanksgiving. lol), I emailed the originator, Diana, and said Id love to join. I know I only have a month left of the 2008 challenge, but sounds like they are going to continue into 2009. So yay to that! Im excited to be part of this community, and continue on my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

No comments: