Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Updates

Its been an eventful weekend to say the least. I had some good quality time with friends and family. It started on Thursday. I went with the PL to see Josh Blue. He his the comedian that won last comic standing. He was hilarious. Seriously, I havent laughed that hard in a long time! Grant would of loved him, so I got him the DVD. :)

Friday was a pretty low key night. We just hung out at home getting chores done, and catching up on some tv.

Saturday I was heading over to Wendi's for a spa/game night. Crazy combo? More like fun combo! There was about 15 of us there. And we got mani/pedi's, massages, and than played some games. We played American Idol on the WII. I even got up and sang. Can you believe that?! I sang tainted love. LOL And we all were taught the cupid shuffle. Damn I have no rhythm. I am so akward looking when I dance. At least I think so. Im sure people dont even care what I look like. I like hanging with these girls, they are pulling me right out of my shell. Something that is good for me :)

Sunday was a little to heavy for me. I went over my sister, Kellys, house. And my other sister, Robin, and all my newphews and niece were over. It was my newphews birthday, and the kids were carving their pumpkins. We had a discussion about the event of spreading my dads ashes. Since I have chosen to not go due to the issues my mother and I are having, I let them in on that. They surprised me with telling me that they will not do this without me. They have already tried to talk my mom from going, but she is refusing. So they are going to talk to her again. They thought they could set boundaries with her, that she can not talk about her "new life", or try to make amends with me. But they know is she agrees with that, she wont be able to stick with it. So think its best if we go on two separate trips. Now to just get her to split up the ashes may be a difficult task. We shall see where that goes. It was nice to hear them support my decision. I just dont want this situation turn into a negative experience. Its a time to remember the memory of my dad, and I just dont think I can do that with my mom there, nor do I think she can do this without making the weekend about her.

I cant believe the things my mother is doing right now. I dont understand her, and never will.

So it was a good mixture this weekend, except trying to deal with the feelings with my mother. Spending time with the PL has really helped my moods lately though, they are a fun bunch of girls :)

No comments: