Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finding Our Destination

So Grant and I got engaged this past April. Sadly my dad passed away a few weeks after we got engaged. So in the midst of grieving, we decided to put the wedding plans on hold till the fall.

Well now that fall is here, and everyone seems to be anxious to find out our date, so we have touched the topic of where again. We have decided that we are eloping, with just the two of us. Most people know this, so I wonder why the date is still a question most ask. Anyways, so we had our hearts set on Hawaii. But realistically we are not going to be able to afford Hawaii. Getting married in Hawaii and having our honeymoon there, and than having a at home reception will be way over our budget. So now we begin some extensive research.

We have decided to research the following locations: Hawaii, Sanibel Island, Vancouver, Lake Tahoe, Key West, Arizona, San Juan, Sandals, Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Cayman Island, and Mexico. Phew! What a list eh?

We have tossed around the idea of going to Sanibel Island by driving there. Making it one big road trip. I dont know about driving 20 hours straight there. But Id be up for the adventure of stopping by a few places on the way there. That would be fun. Especially in Sgt Pepper, aka our mini cooper. I have to admit Sanibel has one of my higher votes right now :)

I also really like the idea of Vancouver. I hear its beautiful there, and its just different than the norm place to get married.

Once everything is in black and white. All the different costs, and different times of the year we can go...hopefully we can make a well rounded decision. I have a feeling that decision isnt going to be as easy as we think though. lol

No comments: