Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Octa-Versary To Us!

So yesterday, 10/14, was our 8 year anniversary :) And our last "dating" anniversary before our wedding. (we think, although we haven't set a date so aren't sure on that one!)

So to celebrate the amazing day, we did the typical date night. We went to dinner at Paul's Chop House. Their food is soooo good. I wish we could afford to eat food like that every day! lol We both got filets. Yum yum. We saved a little bit for the dogs since we felt so guilty for leaving them so soon after we got home.

After dinner we headed over to the movies. We decided to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I love Michael Cera. *swwooooonnn* He would of so been my boyfriend in highschool. It was a really cute movie. One of those feel good movies, that make you warm and fuzzy inside :) Perfect movie for an anniversary date. (Better than Juno, IMO!) We did had some annoying kids sitting behind us in the theater. It never fails when we go to the movies. Does that mean we are getting old? tee hee I said kids, yep Im getting old. They were more like highschoolers :p

When we got home we spoiled the dogs with the steaks, caught up on some Internet time, and enjoyed desert. I picked up some bakery goods at the Sweetheart Bakery. Soooo yummie. And enjoyed each other to of course ;)

Grant got me a cute wife anniversary card, and in front of the word wife he wrote, to my soon to be...it makes me giddy thinking about it :) And a Gerber Daisy plant! I LOVE Gerber Daisies. I'm not so great with plants, so I hope I dont kill it! And he got one of my overly emotional cards (Im known for that) , and some delicious cupcakes. He was quite excited about them, which made me happy. A way to a mans heart....sweets! I should learn to bake so I can make them for him next time. Maybe Ill have Danita give me baking lessons :)

It was a great anniversary :) I think about the last 8 years, and we have been through so much. Good times and bad times. And we have grown so much into a couple. It really has been an amazing 8 years. And Im excited to see what the future brings to us. I cant wait to marry this man!

No comments: