Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lazy Sunday, Fun Times, and Annoying Cold

With the wedding over it really does feel like a lazy Sunday. Still things to do but not the rush, rush, rush...we dont have enough hours in the day feeling. The doggies or should I say, Bandito let us sleep in till noon. That was nice. I decided to get up and Grant is sleeping a bit longer. We didnt get to bed till around 3:30ish.

Ill probably get around to the laundry, work on my resume for a bit (applying for a new position at work), catch up on some Tivo, and maybe read a bit (really digging the book I started last week!). Besides that nothing to much on the agenda. That sounds like a perfect lazy day eh? Wish I was back in Florida laying on a hammock though. That would be a perfect lazy Sunday!

Ive been battling this cold since we got back in town, and Im so over it. Seriously. We went out for a friends birthday last night, and not sure that was the best idea for me. My cough seems to have gotten worse. Bleh. We did have a lot of fun though. We had dinner in Mexicantown, and than headed out to a night of great music. It was a mixture of different genres. First we heard a band, New Music Detroit. They only played for about 20 minutes, but a guy was killing it on the xylophone. It was cool. Next up was Will Sessions Funk Big Band, this band was awesome. It was funk big band, and while Im not a huge fan of funk...I am of big band. And the combo together was really awesome. They played so many different instruments, and I loved it! I would definitely see them again. Than Carl Craig dj'd, and rocked it out as always. Loved the diverse type of music, and a much needed night out for Grant and I. We were getting antsy for some good music since we have been on vacation, and went to a doosy of a party last weekend. The minute that bass vibrated the floor when Carl Craig went on I remembered why we love Detroit so much. We have great music here, oh yes we do. We danced, danced, and danced some more. I dont think I sweated like that from dancing in quite some time!

Looking forward to a short week, which is kind of silly since we just had 19 days off. Getting back into a routine has been quite tough!

No comments: