Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Heart Christmas

Christmas is my favorite holiday. It always has been. Its still the one holiday that I havent changed my feelings on even with all the things that have happened with my family in the last couple years. It just makes me happy. The decorations, the lights, the music, the first snowfall (yes I said snow!), the hustle and bustle of the season, the traditions, finding the perfect gift, the food! especially peppermint hot chocolate....just the whole spirit of it. It gives me the warm fuzzies!

Especially Christmas music. It just fills me with joy. I know I sound so cheesy. No matter whats going on in my life, or what kind of day Im having...I can put on some Christmas music and it puts me in a great mood :)

So today I prepped the living room for Christmas decorating. We put up the tree and did some decorating in the living room. I love having the Christmas lights up. Of course we put on Christmas music, and Im just so happy right now. Bandito loves Christmas decorating. He sits and watches us, while the other two look depressed. Not sure what thats all about...I wonder if it makes them think of things from the past. Rusty - my parents, and makes Vinyl think about Sadie. :(

Last night I caught the movie Family Stone. I never saw it before, and really enjoyed it. I really love all the cheesy Christmas movies to. Always a happy ending. :) I think Ill try to watch more Christmas movies this season than I usually do. I definitely want to go see the one with whats his name from Meet the Faulkner's. The dad.....its on the tip of my tongue! It has him and Drew Barrymoore in it. It looks good. I love the movies. I just wish it was a little bit cheaper to go these days!

Id like to make a few Christmas gifts this year. We dont really have to buy for many people, which is a great thing because we are so broke from the wedding. But my crafty side has kicked in and Im itching to make some things...we shall see what I come up with :)

LOVE this time of the year!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love Christmas too!

You're thinking of Robert De Niro, and the movie is called Everyone's Fine. Looks good.

We watched Home Alone, Jingle All the Way, and the Santa Clause so far. I heart Christmas movies!! Our tree is up (but not decorated, it still needs to fall some) and our living room is decorated!

Have a super great holiday season!!