Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already here. Time sure does fly by, doesnt it?

I am happy to say that I have had a really nice Thanksgiving. I was dreading it last week. Ive been in a huge funk, and quite the Negative Nancy. I keep focusing on the things that are horrible in my life, and I should focus on the good things. Who wants to live their life in such a miserable state? My original plan for Thanksgiving was to feel sorry for myself and stay in my pj's and veg on the couch. Now I know that was a bad idea, but its what I wanted to do. Grant said whatever I want to do is what he will do. Bless that boy, he has been through my extreme ups and downs, and still stands there and supports me. That would be one of the many reasons I love him so much.

So after a session with my therapist, I did come to my senses and agree to spend the holiday with family. Just because my immediate family isnt ideal to spend the holiday with...doesnt mean I should spend it alone. We went to Grants aunts for Thanksgiving. Its his aunts (stepmoms sister) family, Grants parents, and than Grants uncles (or aunts inlaws) family. Everyone wanted to hear about the wedding, so we got to relive that best day of our lives again :) We brought the laptop so were able to show some pictures to everyone. Oh how Id love to go back there right now! Delicious food as usual. This family is italian and are great cooks! And of course even more delicious deserts, my favorite part!

I had a tradition with my parents that we would go to the movies on holidays, specifically Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have done it as long as I can remember. Last year Grant and I tried to attempt that, but Grant got food comatose so we missed out. Grant made sure to not stuff himself this year, so we were able to go :) We went and seen Pirate Radio. I LOVED it! It had a few cheesy parts, but I really enjoyed it. Music is such an amazing thing, and such a huge part of both Grant and my life. I love that about our relationship. So it was a great movie to relate to :)

Now we are at home watching late night shows. Pee-Wee Herman was just on Conan, and he looks exactly like he did when I watched Pee Wee's Playhouse! Kinda creepy. LOL Apparently he is doing some sort of Pee-Wee Playhouse play....

So I thought with it being Thanksgiving, I should post what I am thankful for :) I really am trying to focus on being more positive, and being thankful for what I have. Because really it could be worse, it really could. So here comes my list...

  • I am so thankful that I have a job that feels secure at the moment.
  • Im also thankful that I have been recommended for a promotion at work. It feels great that my managers have that confidence in me.
  • Im thankful I have 3 of the cutest, most sweetest dogs ever. No matter what happens, those 3 shower me with unconditional love!
  • Even though my health isnt the greatest, I am thankful that I know what my health problems are and continue to work on getting healthier.
  • Im so thankful I was able to live out such an amazing dream wedding!
  • Im also super thankful that Grant and I both were able to take a 19 day vacation for our wedding moon!
  • Im thankful for the friends and family that have really been such a great support system during this very difficult year!
  • While the loss of my parents has been hard, I am thankful for the 17 holidays I did have with them.
  • Last but not least, Im super, uber thankful for my amazing husband. My life is complete with him, I realize this more and more each day. I feel very blessed to have my soul mate and best friend by my side through this journey we call life.
Happy Thanksgiving - lots to be thankful for. :) And on that note, its time for bed. Night Bloggers!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, I guess I really haven't read blogs in a long time! You're married! That's great, awesome news!!

Melissa said...

Thank You! Its great to see you again!