Sunday, January 10, 2010

Worried

This morning I woke up on my own, which is a very rare occasion. Usually the doggies wake me up bright and early. When I glanced at the clock I saw that it was 10:30....and all 3 dogs were in place...so I thought..wow this is nice. I headed into the living room and smelled this awful stench. As I made my way into the kitchen I saw there was an accident. It looked like it was diarrhea. I began to look around more and found a few places in the living room where one of them vomited. And upstairs there was more vomit, this was clear mucus like though. The bathroom had it as well. As I let them outside the smell was intensified. I glance to the bottom of the stairs and see more. Once I got into the basement there were 2 pools of blood, as well as more diarrhea.

I immediately panicked. I glance out the window and see Vinyl laying down in the snow. I go out there and noticed some more blood in the snow. I let them back in and she was really lethargic and just went to lay down. I started to clean up the mess, and just found myself crying hysterically. The smell reminded me of just before Sadie passed. Sadie got cancer at an early age of 7, and had tumors all over her abdomen, stomach, and bowels. She couldnt control her bowel movements, and there was lots of cleaning up like this. I was keeping a close eye on Vinyl, and she was definitely not acting like herself. Anytime she drank water, I would let her out shortly after that and she would vomit. So I started calling around to find a ER vet that wouldnt be to ridiculous in price.

I found a place that charged $99 for the exam, so gave it another hour before I knew I needed to take her in. Unfortunately our funds are very limited right now, and I couldnt afford to get her a full work up. But they gave her a shot to help with the vomit, and an iv of fluids. They also gave me some antibiotics for her that will help with inflammation of her bowel. Since we have been home shes just been laying around. Actually shes been hiding in our bed all day. I can see the worry and pain in her eyes. Its breaking my heart. I tried to feed her the bland diet they suggested, but she wouldnt even take the food when I hand fed it. I even pulled out some deli fresh, she loves that, and she wouldnt even take that. :(

I really think this is related to the weight issues she had before. It has to be some digestive issue. I just wish I could find a vet to figure out what is going on with her! We have taken her to a few vets now and nothing. The vet at the ER did mention getting a test done on her pancreas.

Last night she was eating, playing, and acting like her good ol self. Grant even was up till around 4am, and said she didnt have any accidents before than. Its weird how it just snuck up on her like this. I hate seeing her like this. Im so worried. I cant lose her. Not now. I just want a few more years. Does that make me selfish? :( Hopefully she will eat tomorrow. We have to get her into the vet to get a full set of xrays, and bloodwork. Something we have done a few times in the last 6 months and found nothing. I hope we get some answers this time. Before its to late. :(

No comments: