Monday, January 18, 2010

Just Breathe

So I have to admit life has been overwhelming these days. Very overwhelming. My health issues seem to have taken a down spiral, Vinyls been very sick, work drama, family, friends, along with everyday responsibilities. I just feel like Im at my threshold. So when I had a therapy appointment today I was really looking forward to it.

That was until I woke up and felt like complete crap. My week long headache had now turned into an unbearable migraine. One that sat right in my eyes. Half way through the work day I started to feel sick to my stomach, very nauseous, and I had a hive outbreak. I know these signs. It means my thyroid levels have dropped really low. On the way home from work I stopped at my endocrinologist and got some blood work done. To bad I had to debate and beg them to do it. My doctor kept saying it was to soon, and to come back in a month. Even after I told him about my symptoms. Nice doctor eh? Hopefully the blood work will tell my story and my doctor will realize its not in my head.

When I got home I grabbed something to eat and tried to sleep off some of my migraine. It didnt work very much, but it did make the migrane a little more tolerable. So off to my appointment I went. I thought about canceling but I know that I really need my appointments these days. So I went. And so glad I did.

My appointment today helped tremendously. More so than the last few appointments. I was able to let out all those overwhelming feelings that Im carry around. Let out in a way where I felt someone actually understood me. I also got to work through some of the stresses in my life. And my therapist gave me tons of information on things to help towards my own self care. It refocused me. I left there feeling optimistic. Something I havent felt in quite sometime. These next few months are all about me. Time to get my health back on track, and really doing things to make me happy. I never put me first, and its critical right now that I do!

No comments: