Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Wedding Website

Ive been meaning to share this for a little while now, but kept forgetting to blog about it! Probably about a month ago we started to create our wedding website. We sent out our Save The Dates, which included a magnet with our website. So we figured we should probably get that up and running since we are advertising it now. lol

So first we had to chose a domain name. Everything we came up with was taken, except www.melissaandgrant.com. It worked but wasnt our first choice since we thought the double A would throw people off. But we couldnt come up with anything more clever, so www.melissaandgrant.com it is :)

We had a few ideas bouncing around in our heads on what we wanted. So we started doing some mock ups, and were excited with the ideas we came up with. Grant is an awesome web designer so he would be doing all of the design work. So later that day I had a lia sophia show, and than went over a friends house for a spa/game night. I came home later that night to a wonderful surprise. Grant pretty much had the meat and potatoes of the website done. (Even when I talk about wedding stuff I reference food. Geez Mel!) When I looked at it I just grinned ear to ear. I had a image in my head of what it would look like, and this was above and beyond that! I LOVED it! It is so us to. Which a lot of people have told us :)

So next thing to do was the content. So as I worked on finding photos and writing up our love story...Grant had this great idea of a quiz. He was going to hide the answers within the site. He was so excited about this. I told you I have the best finance ever :) And I have to say, its been a bit hit. Its the first thing everyone talks about in reference to the site. :)

Just a few short hours later we had all the content filled out. Unfortunately we don't have a ton of info yet. (Im thinking we should though....we are almost at the 6 month period...should I be freaking out yet? LOL) But once we get more info...such as accommodations, venues, at home reception details, etc....than we will update the site with all that additional info. Or if another clever idea comes to mind that may get added sooner. The two of us are always bouncing ideas off each other...so you never know what we might come up with!

We had so much fun putting this site together! Check it out and tell me what you think :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Lovely site! Congratulations on the wedding!

Don't worry, I'm not stopping with my healthy lifestyle. My sabbatical is from the blog. I have fallen slightly off the wagon lately, but I'm pulling myself back up! I'm definitely not going to gorge myself on unhealthy foods, and I'm definitely going to start exercising! Thanks for caring, it means a lot! :)