Sunday, February 15, 2009

Save The Dates

Our Save The Dates came in the mail today, and we love them! Well almost. We realized we should have gotten glossy for the invite instead of matte. So we are re-ordering glossy. The matte looks like we printed them at home.

Grant and I designed our STD's ourselves. We made an invitation with a personalized poem that the two of us made up. It took us weeks to come up with a final draft. LOL But are pretty pleased with our cheesy poem. :) We are cheesy, we will admit it. We than created a postcard that will be mailed back. This is so we can get a general idea of how many people plan on attending. Of course we know its hard to commit this early with the economy the way it is, and things may come up by October, but its just an estimate for us. Im sure our wedding planner would appreciate a close guesstimate to find a reception spot! We also made magnets, although I told myself when I get married I wouldn't do the magnets. I am finding myself doing a lot of things I said I wouldnt do. :p We figured they could use the magnet to hold up the invite on their fridge. Or just toss the invite (all our hard work on that poem!), and just use the magnet. We used vistaprint for all the printing, so got everything done fairly cheap. I wasnt sure if I should post them before I mail them, but I dont think anyone really reads this blog (except you Meg, XO). So here is the finished product...(you can click on the pictures to see a bigger version)

Magnet:


Invite:


Postcard RSVP Front:

Postcard RSVP Back:


If you want to see them larger all on one page, you can click on this link.... http://melissaandgrant.com/savethedate.html

So we re-ordered the invite portion, as well as the postcard RSVP (to change the date to RSVP by), and should hopefully get them in the mail by next weekend! We are still working on the guest list, so I guess we will have to have that complete by next weekend eh? As well as with our website since we are advertising it. LOL

Have I mentioned how I love that Grant is so into the planning? He goes through phases, just like me. But when we are working together, we get so much accomplished. The poem was his idea...hes to cute!

2 comments:

Sabs said...

How exciting! Grant sounds so cute!

megan said...

very cute!! I love the little poem. I can't believe you re-ordered them to get shiny. :) (totally something I would do!)

Ps, I love the train image below, too. I saw that same phrase at Target last weekend and it made me laugh out loud for some reason.