Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings

I have officially started my new gluten free, casein free lifestyle. Its been EXTREMELY overwhelming. So to make things a little bit easier on me, I decided that I would only try to make one gluten free recipe per week. When I was looking through recipes there are so many ingredients in all of them. Of course to spice up the food so it taste good. Makes sense. Well for a cook on training wheels like myself, some of these recipes seem nearly impossible. Or Ill attempt them and the end result will just not taste good. And in this day and age that would just be horror wouldnt it? All that time wasted. lol So instead of taking on many new recipes, I would just focus on what new recipe a week. Thats completely do able, dont you think? And less food wasted. Win win for me!

I fell upn this yummie recipe in my google searches, Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings. It looked delicious! So I ventured out to the grocery store, and tackled the spices section. I will admit it was pretty exciting :) Maybe Ill treat myself to a spice rack in the new future! Now that is the picture from the recipe, sorry cant take credit for that one! lol And I didnt use wings, instead I did Chicken Tenderloins, and it was quite tasty!

This recipe is from Chef Jesse Thomas from PizzaAmore in Mount Dora, FL.


Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
Recipe from
PizzAmore, Mount Dora, Florida

Serves 4

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (1/2 tsp table salt)
2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or melted butter)
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or to taste)

1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.

2. Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes. While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.

3. In a separate bowl, mix together the blue cheese dressing with the mustard (this is your dipping sauce)

3. When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/butter sauce. Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.

First gluten free recipe a success! Wooohoo! Im hoping for a much smoother second week. Hopefully less headaches, and a little bit more energy. Enjoying the process as much as I can. Everyday is a new experience!

No comments: