Friday, July 10, 2009

Operation Beautiful

I fell upon one of the most awesome sites while browsing blogs linked to blogs upon blogs the other day. Of course I have to share it!

Operation Beautiful - Ending Fat Talk One Anonymous Post-It At A Time!

We all do it. Fat Talk. Negative Talk. Get down on ourselves. Operation Beautiful has a mission of ending this negative talk by giving random acts of kindness. One of my favorite things to do!

The amazing person that started this wonderful venture is Caitlin. Her original mission was to put an end to Fat Talk, and encourage a positive body image. She has a whole page she blogged on how fat talk is so toxic to us, which can be found here. While starting this journey to end fat talk Caitlin fell upon the Gives Me Hope website. (Which by the way is another amazing website!And in my daily blogs to read :) ) It inspired her to start her own project which is where Operation Beautiful became a reality.

We can all join in on Operation Beautiful, it is very simple. You only need paper and pen. Just write a positive message on a post it and stick it in any public place you want. On bathroom mirrors, work, gym, grocery store, literally anywhere! Make sure you add the www.operationbeautiful.com at the bottom of your post it so even more people can find the website! If you take a picture of your random act of kindness, you can email it to Caitlin (seebriderun@gmail.com) and she features them on her blog. I religiously read the blog everyday now. Its the perfect way to start my day. :)

Seriously when I fell upon this I got the warm fuzzies inside. This reminds me of the Breast Cancer 3 Day. The 3 Day in my eyes is 3 days on how the world should be. The kindness, the huge hearts of people, the positivity, the support....its all so amazing. Big kudos to Caitlin for starting a project that screams so much positivity, and has endless opportunities in how it affects many people! I can not wait to start leaving my own notes and be part of such an amazing project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of the Give Me Home website. That's pretty cool. Although FML is funny too!