Sunday, October 24, 2010

Battery Low!

Oh the ups and downs of running....how Ive missed you. Im trying so so hard to get back into running, as challenging as it is! Ill dont think Ill every truly understand how one day it feels so effortless, and another day it feels so hard! All part of the love/hate relationship I suppose.

Today I went out for a run, and was hoping to push out a 5k. Its a beautiful day here in Michigan. Near 70's, sun is shining, wind is low....you dont get many of these days in late October! Perfect running weather right? Not exactly. My legs were feeling a little sore from my strength training session yesterday....so I wasn't sure how far Id be able to go. Once I started running my legs were definitely feeling a bit fatigued. I could barely get out 1.3 miles before I chose to walk. And wouldnt you know at that moment my Garmin than beeps at me, battery low. I thought...you aren't kidding! lol The next mile was a combination of walking and running. Which Im okay with. Not my favorite runs, but I know these days happen. It isnt the first time, and it wont be the last!

You win some you lose some. I pushed through it, and gave it what I got...sometimes thats all you can do! Next time I have one of those effortless runs...Ill appreciate it more than ever!

No comments: