Sunday, August 2, 2009

Super Successful lia sophia Fundraiser!

One of the reasons I became a lia sophia advisor was to offer fundraisers, especially to Breast Cancer 3 Day walkers. Being a participant myself I know how difficult it can be to raise $2k+, so I love to help people when I can. Since Im not walking this year I was hoping that I could help another walker by hosting a lia sophia fundraiser for them. And I got that chance this past Thursday :)

Sheri is a friend I met through the Pink Ladies. She has two friends that are walking this year with their daughters. That is $9200 they have to raise! Sheri contacted me and asked if I was interested in doing a lia sophia fundraiser for her friends. Of course I was! Debbie, the host of the party was great. She really knows how to throw a party. We never got a final headcount, but it was close to 50+ people there. In the end I had about 30 orders. I have to admit it was a little overwhelming, but exciting at the same time. It felt good to be in the presence of 3dayers. Ive missed it!

Ive never done a fundraiser or party that big yet, so now I have the experience under my belt. I'd bring a assistant next time, so the orders can get written up faster. And so I have time to talk more to the guests and tell them about the great benefits of lia sophia. I didnt really get a chance to talk to anyone really!

Total in sales: $2280!!!! How awesome is that?! When I do fundraisers I donate my entire commission, which is 30%. Im rounding up so she made $700! Not to shabby for a few hour party. Also, another benefit I do with my fundraisers is anyone that books from the fundraiser show I will donate 10% of that future shows sales as well. She got 2 bookings so she will be getting even more money donated.

Not being able to walk this year I was so glad I could help another walker out :) There was also a Partylite Consultant at the party, so I think with my commission and hers that will put these girls over their minimum to raise. Awesome!

Cant wait to cheer them on in a few weeks on the Breast Cancer 3 Day!

3 comments:

Meg said...

you are an amazing girl! <3

Anonymous said...

That's great! My mom got me a Lia Sophia necklace recently. It's very pretty.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Great job with the sales and so nice that you donate it!

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com